Without physically test your hard drive, it is really hard for us to tell what the problem with the hard drive is. But the following is our experiences. rough odds estimators though to help you with the diagnosis:
Symptoms of PCB failure:
- No power. No Spin. No Sound. and wasn't dropped.
- Hard drive does not spin up. Either no sound or a short, quiet tickling sound can be heard.
- Burning smell. PCB is extremely hot.
- See burned mark on the printed circuit board.
- Power surge.
- Connect the hard drive case to wrong power supply.
- Hard drive makes "Clicking sound".(click of death)
Symptoms of Seagate 7200.11-12 firmware brick problem:
- The hard drive runs fine (no clicking sound or noises, errors etc), but can't be detected by the computer
- The hard drive runs fine and but the size is 0MBs
Symptoms of disk assembly failure:
- The computer can see the file, but cannot copy the file.
- The computer can see the hard drive, but the size is wrong
- The hard drive does not spin but make "beeping sound"
- failure is because of Falling to the floor, most likely the PCB board is ok, but the disk assembly is damaged.
- clicking and stop and clicking